This course is targeted at the professional level SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator.
Candidates for this course intend to work in an environment in which Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is used for database solutions.
After completion of the course candidates will be able to install and configure SQL Server 2008, maintain instances, manage security, maintain a database and perform data management tasks.
They will also learn how to monitor and troubleshoot SQL Server, optimize performance and implement high availability.
Subsequently, the course will move on to designing database infrastructure, designing strategies for automating, securing, distributing data, monitoring and maintaining high availability of a database server.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement an administrative solution for SQL Server 2008.
- Deploy SQL Server 2008.
- Design the physical structure for SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for maintaining SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for managing SQL Server 2008.
- Automate the database managing strategy for SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for securing databases in SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for monitoring SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for content distribution in SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for replication in SQL Server 2008.
- Design a high availability solution for SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for backup and recovery in SQL Server 2008.
|MCITP Database Administrator: SQL Server 2008|
|6231B||Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Database||70-432||-||6|
|50400||Designing, Optimizing, and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution for Microsoft SQL Server 2008||70-450||PRO: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Server Infrastructure using MS SQL Server 2008||5|
|Balance Daysfor day of arrival, exam(s) and practice||4|
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- Completed Course 2778: Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687