What you will learn:
This course introduces students to the new features in Oracle Database 10g Release 2 - the database for Grid computing. Students learn how to use Oracle Database 10g new features to increase database availability, to simplify database performance monitoring and tuning through the use of Oracle Database 10g Advisors, and to offer simplified database manageability. The course also covers security changes that students need to understand. Hands-on practice sessions give students an opportunity to examine many of the new features, and to practice database administration with Enterprise Manager Database Control.
- Using Database Control to simplify database management
- Proactively monitoring the database
- Increasing data availability by using improved point in time recovery features
- Implementing Automatic Storage Management
- Managing Metric Baselines
- Using Oracle Secure Backup
- Simplifying Instance Configuration
- Using Data Pump Export and Import
- Configuring the Scheduler
- Using the Automatic Workload Repository
- Managing Services
- Creating Bigfile Tablespaces
- Creating Hash-Partitioned Global Indexes
- Creating Compressed Backup sets in RMAN
- Configuring Flashback Database
- Creating the SYSAUX Tablespace
Oracle Database 10g is the first database designed for enterprise grid computing. It is the most flexible and cost-effective way to manage enterprise information. This Self-Study Course covers the new features of Oracle Database 10g that are applicable to database administration.
- Match goals of Oracle Database 10g manageability with the methods of achieving them
- Identify features of the Oracle Database 10g manageability strategy.
- Identify attributes of Grid computing.
- Identify new installation features of Oracle Database 10g.
- Identify features of transportable tablespaces (TTS).
- Identify functional architecture of Data Pump.
- Identify features of the Data Pump export and import utilities.
- Identify features of Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM).
- Identify features of Automatic Shared Memory Management (ASMM).
- Identify features of Automatic Workload Repository (AWR).
- Identify guidelines for gathering optimizer statistics.
- Identify features of Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Identify features of the flash backup and recovery strategy.
- Identify the features of guaranteed undo retention.
- Identify features of the SYSAUX tablespace.
- Identify features of Resource Manager in Oracle Database 10g.
- Identify options for creating a mapping between consumer groups and session attributes.
- Identify modifications to the DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER package in Oracle Database 10g.
9i DBA Fundamentals
Oracle9i Database Administration Fundamentals II
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687