Changing the world is possible, but it requires the right preparation and skills. One of the best ways to be prepared is with Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification.
ACA certification is an industry-recognized credential that can be used to effectively validate one’s skills in Adobe digital-media software. It represents the creative skills in demand today by industry and academia and reflects well when presented on a resumresumé or college application.
Adobe Certified Associate in Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is the world’s most advanced image editing application. It is used worldwide by photographers and designers who want to perfect their digital images.
Having ACA certification is a great validation of one’s Adobe creative skills, and ACA Photoshop certification is available for Creative Cloud (CC), Creative Suite 6 (CS6) and CS5 versions of Adobe software. CC-based ACA certifications are current for three years after the date of issue.
- Setting Project Requirements
- Identifying Design Elements When Preparing Images
- Understanding Adobe Photoshop®
- Manipulating Images by Using Adobe Photoshop
- Publishing Digital Images by Using Adobe Photoshop
The following skills will be assessed on the Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop exam.
Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop objectives
Domain 1.0 Setting Project Requirements
- Identify the purpose, audience, and audience needs for preparing images.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard copyright rules for images and image use.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management tasks and responsibilities.
- Communicate with others (such as peers and clients) about design plans.
Domain 2.0 Identifying Design Elements When Preparing Images
- Demonstrate knowledge of image resolution, image size, and image file formats for web, video, and print.
- Demonstrate knowledge of design principles, elements, and image composition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of typography.
- Demonstrate knowledge of color correction using Photoshop.
- Demonstrate knowledge of image-generating devices, their resulting image types, and how to access resulting images in Photoshop.
- Understand key terminology when working with digital images.
Domain 3.0 Understanding Adobe Photoshop
- Identify elements of the Photoshop user interface and demonstrate knowledge of their functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of layers and masks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of importing, exporting, organizing, and saving.,
- Demonstrate knowledge of producing and reusing images.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and select the appropriate features and options required to implement a color management workflow.
Domain 4.0 Manipulating Images by Using Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with selections.
- Use Photoshop guides and rulers.
- Transform images.
- Adjust or correct the tonal range, color, or distortions of an image.
- Demonstrate knowledge of retouching and blending images.
- Demonstrate knowledge of drawing and painting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of type.
- Demonstrate knowledge of filters.
Domain 5.0 Publishing Digital Images by Using Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrate knowledge of preparing images for web, print, and video.
The ACE: Photoshop Creative Cloud (CC) exam candidates are individuals who have a minimum of two years’ experience using Adobe Photoshop in a digital imaging/design environment. Candidates may be responsible for digital asset management, production, and execution of projects in the fields of (but not limited to): photographic art, advertising design, photojournalism, news and media production, new media (Internet, Social, Mobile), and video. Candidates should also be familiar with Camera Raw, Adobe Bridge, and Mini Bridge.
|Number of Questions:||51 Multiple Choice|
|Time Limit:||65 Minutes|
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687