The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam is ideal for individuals who have experience designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform. Achieving AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification validates your understanding of these concepts:
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- Lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS.
- Ingress and egress of data to and from AWS.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database or security requirements.
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices.
- Estimating AWS costs and identifying cost control mechanisms.
- Before attempting the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam, you should have the following required knowledge and skills:
- Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services.
- Professional experience architecting large-scale distributed systems.
- Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability concepts.
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS.
- A good understanding of all security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services.
- A strong understanding of how to interact with AWS (AWS SDK, AWS API, Command Line Interface, AWS CloudFormation).
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services.
General IT Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of typical multitier architectures: web servers (Apache, nginx, IIS), caching, applicati
- RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server), NoSQL.
- on servers, and load balancers.
- Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Familiarity with loose coupling and stateless systems.
- Understanding of different consistency models in distributed systems.
- Experience with CDN and performance concepts.
- Network experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network.
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security, including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials and X.509 certificates.
About the Exam
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam includes multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You will have 80 minutes to complete it.
The following courses help you prepare for this certification.
No prerequisites; recommend taking Architecting on AWS and AWS Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687