Changing the world is possible, but it requires the right preparation and skills. One of the best ways to be prepared is with Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification.
ACA certification is an industry-recognized credential that can be used to effectively validate one’s skills in Adobe digital-media software. It represents the creative skills in demand today by industry and academia and reflects well when presented on a resumé or college application.
Adobe Certified Associate in Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator software is the industry’s premier vector-drawing environment for creating scalable graphics.
Having ACA certification is a great validation of one’s Adobe creative skills, and ACA Illustrator certification is available for Creative Cloud (CC). CC-based ACA certifications are current for three years after the date of issue.
- Setting Project Requirements
- Identifying Design Elements Used When Preparing Graphics
- Understanding Adobe Illustrator
- Create Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator
- Archive, Export and Publish Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator
The following skills will be assessed on the Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator exam.
- The following skills will be assessed on the Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator exam.
Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator objectives
Domain 1.0 Setting Project Requirements
- 1.1 Identify the purpose, audience, and audience needs for preparing graphics.
- 1.2 Demonstrate knowledge of standard copyright rules for artwork, graphics, and graphic use.
- 1.3 Demonstrate knowledge of project management tasks and responsibilities.
- 1.4 Communicate with others (such as peers and clients) about design plans.
Domain 2.0 Identifying Design Elements Used When Preparing Graphics
- 2.1 Demonstrate knowledge of design principles, elements, and graphic composition.
- 2.2 Demonstrate knowledge of graphic resolution, graphic size, and graphic file formats for web, video, and print.
- 2.3 Demonstrate knowledge of typography.
- 2.4 Demonstrate knowledge of the use of symbols and representative graphics.
- 2.5 Understand key terminology when working with graphics.
Domain 3.0 Understanding Adobe Illustrator
- 3.1 Identify elements of the Illustrator user interface and demonstrate knowledge of their functions.
- 3.2 Use nonprinting design tools in the interface.
- 3.3 Demonstrate an understanding of and select the appropriate features and options required to manage color pattern, and gradient swatches.
- 3.4 Demonstrate an understanding of vector drawing concepts.
- 3.5 Demonstrate knowledge of how to work with brushes, symbols, graphic styles, and patterns.
- 3.6 Demonstrate knowledge of layers and masks.
- 3.7 Import, export, and save files.
Domain 4.0 Create Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator
- 4.1 Demonstrate knowledge of how to create documents.
- 4.2 Demonstrate knowledge of how to use drawing and shape tools.
- 4.3 Demonstrate knowledge of how to use type tools.
- 4.4 Demonstrate knowledge of how to use scanned or photographic images.
- 4.5 Demonstrate the ability to create realistic graphics.
- 4.6 Demonstrate knowledge of how to modify and transform objects.
Domain 5.0 Archive, Export, and Publish Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator
- 5.1 Demonstrate knowledge of preparing graphics for web, print, and video.
The ACE: Illustrator CS6 exam candidates are individuals who have a minimum of three years’ experience as a graphic designer or illustrator, as well as experience in conceptual design and creation of comps. Candidates should also be familiar with scanners, tablet input devices, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Bridge.
The exam tests knowledge of creating and editing vector graphics. This includes preparing graphics for print, Web, and mobile platforms.
|Number of Questions:||53 Multiple Choice|
|Time Limit:||60 Minutes|
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687