Course Duration: 5 Days
About This Course
This 5-day instructor-led course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and deploy a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure. The course also provides the skills to perform name resolution, application integration, optimization of automate remediation and maintenance of network services.
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience. This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. Students have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills. This course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement server upgrade and migration.
- Design an automated server installation strategy.
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Plan and implement file and storage services.
- Design and implement a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
- Design a name resolution solution strategy.
- Design and manage an IP address management solution.
- Design a VPN solution.
- Design a DirectAccess solution.
- Implement a scalable remote access solution.
- Design a network protection solution.
- Implement a network protection solution.
- Design a forest and domain infrastructure.
- Implement a forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design a Group Policy strategy.
- Design an Active Directory permission model.
- Design an Active Directory sites topology.
- Design a domain controller strategy.
- Design and implement a branch office infrastructure.
About This Course
- Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
- Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Strategy
- Module 3: Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 4: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Module 5: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Module 6: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Module 7: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit Infrastructure
- Module 8: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Module 9: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing Storage and File Services
- Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
|Schedule for MCSE 2012: Desktop Infrastructure Training|
|Course #||Course Content||Exam #||Exam|
|20413||Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure||70-413||Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure|
|20414||Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure||70-414||Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure|
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 MCSA.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687