This course teaches students how to design and implement NetIQ eDirectory (version 8.8) trees and related components in any type of organization for different types of organizational goals using different types of network operating systems. Students perform eDirectory design and implementation tasks on the following platforms: Novell Open Enterprise Server - Netware (SP1), Novell Open Enterprise Server - Linux (SP1), and Windows® Server 2003.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Students will work in a real-world scenario to design and implement a new tree to meet the needs of a fictional organization, EduTrain. Students will also be introduced to design considerations and guidelines pertaining to identity vault trees and LDAP authentication trees.
Students attending this course should have a basic knowledge of the following eDirectory concepts and components:
- eDirectory tree structure and object classes
- Partitioning and replication
- eDirectory rights and inheritance
- eDirectory management tools (ConsoleOne, iMonitor, iManager)
Students should also be familiar with and have experience working with network operating systems (NetWare 6 or later, Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server, Windows Server 2003; Novell Open Enterprise Server - Linux or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9). This course is part of the CNE and CNI certification path.
- Identify the eDirectory Design Process
- Design and Implement an eDirectory Tree Structure
- Plan the User Environment
- Determine a Partition and Replica Strategy
- Design eDirectory Network Services Strategies
- Validate Your eDirectory Design and Merge Two Directory Trees
- Plan, Design and Implement an eDirectory Tree for E-Business
Course Testing Information
This course prepares you to take the NetIQeD irectory Design & Implementation: eDirectory 8.8 exam (050-695) for the NetWare 6 Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) certification and the Novell Open Enterprise Server for Netware CNE certification.
For exam objectives and registration, see Novell eDirectory Design & Implementation: eDirectory 8.8.
For CNE certification information, see Certified Novell Engineer.
NOTE: The CNA certification is a pre-requisite for the CNE certification (see Certified Novell Administrator).
Additional exams you need to take to qualify for the NetWare 6 CNE certification include
- Advanced Novell Network Administration: NetWare 6.5 (Course 3043; Exam 050-691)
- NetIQ eDirectory Design & Implementation: eDirectory 8.8 (Course 3067; Exam 050-695)
- Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management (Course 3062; Exam 050-694)
Additional exams you need to take to qualify for the Novell Open Enterprise Server for Netware CNE include
- Foundations of Novell Networking: NetWare 6.5 (Course 3016; Exam 050-686)
- Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare Advanced Administration (Course 3082; Exam 050-707)
Duration: 3 Days
Course Code : 3067
Before attending this course students should have an understanding or equivalent experience of the following:
- CompTIA Network+ (Course 3003 v1 or 3003 v2)
- Courses : Foundations of Novell Networking (Course 3016),Novell Network Management (Course 3042), Fundamentals of NetIQ eDirectory (Course 3017) can be used to meet the prerequisite knowledge of this course
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687