Novell Teaming + Conferencing allows for social networking within your enterprise, where subject matter experts are easily identified and where new team workspaces can be easily formed, making teamwork and knowledge sharing a built-in workgroup feature. Novell Teaming brings together people and the content they need to do their jobs. Users create workspaces and invite other members to participate—both from within or outside organizational boundaries. Virtual teams can easily and securely manage, share, locate and access documents, calendars, discussion forums, wikis and blogs.
By studying Novell Technical Training (NTT) - Novell Teaming + Conferencing Administration (Course 8002), you will be able to confidently install and manage Novell Teaming + Conferencing within your enterprise, making it a collaborative workspace everyone can utilize and enjoy.
Note: This course is designed to be instructor-led, not self-study.
This course is for network administrators implementing Novell Teaming + Conferencing in their environment and needing to do basic installation, set up, and daily administration tasks. Having some experience with Linux servers providing basic services such as Web servers, email servers, and Tomcat portlet containers is extremely helpful in understanding the set-up and administration of Novell Teaming + Conferencing.
The course covers a variety of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Understanding what Novell Teaming is
- Preparing your environment for a Teaming installation
- Installing Novell Teaming
- Administering Novell Teaming
- Integrating Novell Teaming with Directory Services
- Integrating Novell Teaming with Email Services
- Implementing Custom Entries and Workflow Processes
- Integrating Novell Teaming with Dynamic Storage Techology
- Understanding Novell Conferencing
- Preparing your servers for a Novell Conferencing installation
- Installing the Conferencing Client
- Managing a Conferencing server
- Using the Conferencing Client
- Integrating Novell Conferencing with LDAP and SMTP servers
highlights During this course, you will learn to accomplish the following tasks:
- Implement Novell® Teaming + Conferencing in your organization
- Plan a Teaming + Conferencing installation
- Install Teaming + Conferencing on Linux® and Windows®
- Manage a Teaming + Conferencing server
- Integrate Teaming + Conferencing with Novell eDirectory™ or Microsoft Active Directory
- Integrate Novell GroupWise® and Microsoft Exchange with Novell Teaming + Conferencing
- Create basic workflow processes
- Integrate Teaming + Conferencing with Novell Dynamic Storage Technology
- Install Novell Conferencing clients on Linux and Windows workstations
Duration : 5 Days
Course Code : 8002
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687