This course is designed to cover information on the differences between SUSE Linux Enterprise Server version 9 and version 10. Students will learn all about the new features and changes made in version 10 compared to their existing knowledge as a Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9.
The course is available either as an 8 hour learning module which is available through the internet or as a 2-day instructor-led course. In order to gain sufficient experience to take the new Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 Practicum exam, Novell suggests students attend Upgrade Workshops which are available through our Authorized Training Partners throughout the globe. These workshops are based on the content available via the web but they are enriched with hands-on, live-fire exercies which are practiced in a classroom environment. The Practicum exam is taken within the 2-day workshop.
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- install, configure and maintain a virtual machine environment based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 using XEN technology and AppArmor Application Security
- learn about the changes made in version 10 of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server relevant to your certification and be prepared to take the new Practicum for the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10
Audience SummaryThis course is for students that want to update their Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9 certification to the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 certification. This course is the ideal preparation for the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 Practicum.
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Understanding the GNOME environment
- Installing and configuring XEN
- Installing and configuring AppArmor Application Security
- Understaning changes compared to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
Course Testing Information
This course prepares students to take the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 Practicum exam (050-698)
Duration Code : 5 days
Course Code : 3076
Students should be certified as a Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687