During course 3016, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- Install NetWare 6.5 and Novell Client?
- Set up and manage user objects in Novell® eDirectory?
- Manage storage, file and print services
- Implement file and eDirectory rights
- Manage the NetWare 6.5 server (onsite and remotely)
This is an introductory course for students who have less than a year of entry-level network administration experience. You should also take this course if you want to achieve Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) or Certified Novell Instructor (CNI) certifications.
This course covers a broad range of NetWare 6.5 administration topics, many of which are listed below:
- Understanding and identifying features of NetWare 6.5
- Installing NetWare 6.5
- Installing and managing Novell Client
- Managing eDirectory
- Managing user objects
- Managing storage space
- Evaluating NetWare file services
- Designing a network file system
- Managing security
- Implementing directory and file rights to provide NetWare file system security
- Managing eDirectory rights
- Managing end-user productivity
- Managing network printing
- Implementing Virtual Office to provide Web-based printing and file access
- Managing the server
- Securing your server and network
Duration: 5 Days
Course Code: 3016
Before attending this course, you must complete the following (or have equivalent knowledge and experience):
- CompTIA A+ certification
- CompTIA Network+ certification
Or, as an alternative to these certifications, you can take Fundamentals of Networking (Course 3003). You must also be familiar with network hardware and have a conceptual knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, topologies and various protocols.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687