This hands-on training workshop provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware® vSphere® environment. This workshop also increases your skill and competence in using the command line to analyze problems. The workshop is based on VMware ESXi™ 5.1 and VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.1.
To learn more about vSphere administration, go to www.vmware.com/education for other course options.
- Use the VMware vSphere® Web Client, the command line, and log files to diagnose and correct problems in vSphere.
- Configure SSL certificates.
- Troubleshoot networking issues.
- Troubleshoot storage issues.
- Troubleshoot vCenter Server issues.
- Troubleshoot ESXi host issues.
- Troubleshoot vSphere cluster issues.
- Troubleshoot VMware vSphere® vMotion® issues.
- Troubleshoot virtual machine issues.
- System administrators
- System integrators
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Using a structured approach to troubleshooting
- Adding the VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to an Active Directory environment
- Using commands to record information about your vSphere configuration
- Locating important log files
- Gathering log bundles for technical support
- Implementing SSL certificates for vCenter Server
- Implementing SSL certificates for ESXi
- Troubleshooting standard switch issues
- Troubleshooting virtual machine network connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting management network connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting distributed switch issues
- Troubleshooting LUN connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting multipathing issues
- Troubleshooting vSphere cluster issues
- Troubleshooting vSphere vMotion issues
vCenter Server and ESXi
- Troubleshooting vCenter Server issues
- Troubleshooting ESXi host issues
- Troubleshooting virtual machine state issues
- Troubleshooting VMware® Tools™ installation issues
- Troubleshooting VMware snapshot issues
- Troubleshooting virtual machine power-on issues
Duration : 5 Days
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following:
- VMware® Certified Professional 5 – Datacenter Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1]
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server Experience with working at the command prompt is highly recommended.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687