This hands-on training course builds your skills in the VMware® View™ suite of products: VMware View Manager, View Composer, and VMware ThinApp®. This course is based on the View 5.1 and ThinApp 4.7 releases.
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
• Create a template in VMware vCenter Server™ and deploy a virtual machine from the template.
• Modify a template customization file.
• Open a virtual machine console in vCenter Server and access the guest operating system.
• Configure Active Directory services.
By the end of the course, you should understand the features and operation of View and be able to do the following:
- Install and configure View components.
- Create and manage dedicated and floating desktop pools.
- Deploy and manage linked-clone virtual desktops.
- Configure and manage desktops that run in local mode.
- Configure user profiles with View Persona Management.
- Configure secure access to desktops through a public network.
- Use ThinApp to package applications.
System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware® virtual desktop infrastructure
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Introduction to VMware View
- View features and components
View Connection Server
- Installation and configuration
- View Agent
- PCoIP and Remote Desktop Protocol remote display protocols
- USB redirection and multimedia redirection
View Client Options
- View Client
- View Client with Local Mode
- Thin clients and zero clients
- Virtual Printing with View Client
- Configuring the View environment
- Managing users, sessions, and policies
- Configuring and provisioning automated pools of desktops
- Role-based delegated administration
- Monitoring the View environment
Configuring and Managing Linked Clones
- View Composer operations
- Deploying and provisioning linked-clone desktops
- Managing linked-clone desktops
- Managing persistent disks
- Configuring local-mode desktops
- View Transfer Server and the Transfer Server repository
- Local-mode operations
Managing View Security
- Network configuration and authentication options
- Configuring the View security server
View Persona Management
- Configuring user profiles with View Persona Management
- View Persona Management and Windows roaming profiles
- Configuring a View Persona Management deployment
- Best practices for a View Persona Management deployment
Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
- vdmadmin utility
- Client systems in kiosk mode
- Backing up the View databases
- Restoring the View databases
View Connection Server Performance and Scalability
- Replica connection servers
- Performance considerations and load balancing
- Using ThinApp to capture applications
- Deploying and updating ThinApp packages
- Virtualizing Internet Explorer 6 for use on a Windows 7 system
- Managing ThinApp applications in View
Duration : 4 Days
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
• Experience with VMware vSphere®
• Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687