This hands-on training course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and performing common administrator tasks and end-user tasks with the VMware® Horizon Mirage™ software. This course is based on the Horizon Mirage 4.0 release.
Before attending this course, you should have the following knowledge:
• Using VMware vSphere® Client™ to view the state of virtual machines,
datastores, and networks
• Opening a virtual machine console in VMware® vCenter Server™ and accessing the guest operating system
• Navigating Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008
- Install and configure Horizon Mirage components.
- Demonstrate how to navigate and use Horizon Mirage Management Console.
- Identify the process for deploying Horizon Mirage to endpoints.
- Explain the tasks for capturing and assigning base layers and application layers.
- Identify the tasks for performing a Windows XP to Windows 7 migration.
- Define the methods of performing desktop recovery.
- Recognize how to plan and perform a mass hardware migration.
- Discuss how to install and configure Horizon Mirage File Portal and how end users access their files.
System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the Horizon Mirage system
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Introduction to Horizon Mirage
- Explain how Horizon Mirage works
- Describe how Horizon Mirage fits into the VMware end-user computing vision
- Define the main Horizon Mirage use cases
- Explain the main features and benefits of Horizon Mirage
Horizon Mirage Components and Architecture
- Identify the function of each of the Horizon Mirage solution components
- Define the Horizon Mirage layers
- Diagram the Horizon Mirage architecture
Installing and Configuring Horizon Mirage
- Recognize the operating system, software requirements, and hardware requirements for a successful deployment of Horizon Mirage
- Examine the tasks for installing and configuring Horizon Mirage
- Identify the process for deploying Horizon Mirage to endpoints
Horizon Mirage Management Console
- Recognize how to use the Mirage Management Console features to manage and monitor your Horizon Mirage system
Base Layers and Application Layers
- Recognize the best practices for creating and assigning Base Layers and Application Layers
- Discuss how to create and assign Base Layers and Application Layers
- Describe how to create a reference machine
Migrating a Desktop from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Recognize the steps needed to prepare your migration environment for a Windows XP to Windows 7 migration
- Identify the steps for performing a Windows XP to Windows 7 migration
- Explain how you can monitor the Windows XP to Windows 7 migration process
- Discuss the ways you can troubleshoot a migration to Windows 7
Using Horizon Mirage for Desktop Recovery and Maintenance
- Explain the process for restoring desktop data to the current endpoint by using a CVD snapshot
- Discuss how you can use the Disaster Recovery wizard to restore a desktop image to a replacement endpoint and to a new disk drive on the same endpoint
Performing Hardware Migrations
- Recognize the criteria for planning and performing a mass hardware migration
- Describe the process for using the Hardware Migration wizard
Common End-User Tasks and the Horizon Mirage File Portal
- Describe how an end user performs a file-level restore and directory-level restore
- Explain the process for configuring the File Portal
- Describe how to access files using the File Portal
Duration : 2 Days
• Experience with VMware® vSphere®
• Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687