The AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam validates your technical expertise in developing and maintaining applications on the AWS platform. It tests your knowledge of the following concepts:
- Picking the right AWS services for the application.
- Using AWS SDKs to interact with AWS services from your application.
- Writing code that optimizes performance of AWS services that your application uses.
- Code-level application security (IAM roles, credentials, encryption, etc.)
Prior to taking the AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam, you should possess the following knowledge, skills and experience:
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- Professional experience using AWS technology.
- Hands-on experience programming with AWS APIs.
- Understanding of AWS security best practices.
- Understanding of automation and AWS deployment tools.
- Understanding of storage options and their underlying consistency models.
- Excellent understanding of at least one AWS SDK.
General IT Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of stateless and loosely coupled distributed applications.
- Familiarity developing with RESTful API interfaces.
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with messaging and queuing services.
About the Exam
The AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam includes multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You will have 80 minutes to complete it.
The following courses help you prepare for this certification.
- One or more years of hands-on experience designing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses and basic architecture best practices.
- Proficiency in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based solutions using AWS.
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications written for Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon Simple Notification Service, Amazon Simple Workflow Service, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687