Achieving Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certification validates your technical expertise in provisioning, operating and managing distributed application systems on the AWS platform. It confirms your ability to:
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Understand, implement and automate security controls, governance processes and compliance validation.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics and logging systems on AWS.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- AWS services: compute and networking, storage and content delivery, database, analytics, application services, and deployment and management.
- At least two years of hands-on experience with production of AWS systems.
- Effective use of Auto Scaling.
- Monitoring and logging.
- AWS security features and best practices.
- Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services.
- Techniques and strategies for maintaining high availability.
General IT Knowledge and Experience
- Networking concepts.
- Strong system administration (Linux/UNIX or Windows).
- Strong scripting skill set.
- Multitier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases and networking.
- Templates and other configurable items to enable automation.
- Deployment tools and techniques in a distributed environment.
- Basic monitoring techniques in a dynamic environment.
About the Exam
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam includes multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You will have 170 minutes to complete it.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate or AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Before attempting the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam, you should have the following required knowledge and skills:
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687