Deploy, monitor, measure, and scale your applications on Amazon Web Services.
In this course, you will learn how to deploy, operate, and scale your infrastructure by improving the performance, availability, and cost effectiveness of your applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will learn about automating deployments, updating resources, and monitoring operational health of your workloads and applications. Hands-on labs will help you apply learnings with actual applications and automated workloads.
What You'll Learn
- Create new Amazon CloudWatch metrics and utilize them along with existing AWS service metrics
- Conduct advanced automated bootstrapping of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances configured with Chef
- Declare, deploy, and update your infrastructure as code with AWS CloudFormation
- Respond to operational needs by scaling with Auto Scaling
- Fail away from an AWS Availability Zone
- Automate tasks with Amazon Simple Workflow (SWF)
- Use AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to delegate access to your teams and infrastructure components
Who Needs to Attend
- System administrators
- Others responsible for managing operations on the AWS platform
This is an emerging technology course. Course outline is subject to change as needed.
1. AWS Identity and Access Management
2. Bootstrapping Amazon EC2 Instances with AWS CloudFormation
3. Amazon EC2 Instances, Amazon Elastic Block (EBS) Volumes, and Amazon Machine Images (AMI)
4. Continuous Integration and Deployment
5. Automation with Amazon SWF
6. Amazon RDS Management with CLI and AWS CloudFormation
7. Logging with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon SQS, and Amazon S3
8. Amazon Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) and Auto Scaling
9. Monitoring and Alarms with Amazon CloudWatch
10. Auto Scaling via the CLI and AWS CloudFormation
Through hands-on labs, you will test your new skills and learn to transfer them into your work environment.
Duration : 3 Days
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Experience with core AWS products and services such as Amazon EC2 , Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Familiarity with a UNIX shell and Command Line Interface (CLI) tools
- Basic familiarity with Ruby or Python scripting and the Bash shell
- Basic familiarity with Amazon Linux, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), and AWS CloudFormation
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687