About this course
This is an advanced course for operations staff and others interested in administering MongoDB deployments. It is a deeper dive into many of the topics of M102 and several additional subjects.
In this course, we will explore performance and monitoring with a detailed tutorial on using MMS. You will learn the mechanics of MongoDB memory and disk usage and how to tune Linux for typical MongoDB workloads. We will look at preparing for disaster recovery under different requirements scenarios ranging from low tolerance for downtime and data loss to high tolerance for both. You will also learn best practices for doing rolling upgrades and other maintenance across replica sets. Finally, building on the introductory coverage of sharding in M102, we will cover sharding mechanics in detail and specific topics such as pre-splitting data and tag-based vs. hash-based sharding.
Throughout the course, we will spend considerable time on diagnostic concerns and debugging configuration and other issues in MongoDB deployments.
A Linux VM is distributed to students for this course. We strongly recommend that all students download and use this VM for course exercises. Instructions for setting up the VM are provided in the first week.
This course should also prepare you to take the DBA certification associate exam. Register for next exam session to become a MongoDB Certified Professional.
- Week 1: System Sizing and Tuning
- Week 2: Disaster Recovery and Backup
- Week 3: Fault Tolerance and Availability
- Week 4: Monitoring and Sharded Cluster Management
- Week 5: Sharded Cluster Management, Part 2
- Week 6: Data Integrity, Authentication, and Security
- Week 7: Authentication, Authorization, and Security
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and a new assignment.
- Each week requires approximately 4-7 hours of your time, depending on your level of preparation.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
- You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course if you achieve a 65% or above on graded material.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687