About this course
Learn everything you need to know to administer a MongoDB installation in production. This course begins by assuming you have no experience with MongoDB, taking you through the basics of installation. Then you will learn about JSON and Mongo's extensive query capabilities through the Mongo shell. We will cover importing, and exporting data into Mongo. After that, we cover replication and fault tolerance. Then it is on to scaling out with MongoDB, including indexing, performance tuning, monitoring, and sharding. Finally, we cover backups and recovery. No prior experience with MongoDB is assumed for this course but a knowledge of administration of another database will be helpful.
After completing this course, you should have a good understanding as to how applications are built on top of MongoDB. This course should also prepare you to take the DBA certification associate exam. Register for next exam session to become a MongoDB Certified Professional.
- Week 1: Introduction and Overview
- Week 2: Creating, Reading and Updating Data (CRUD)
- Week 3: Performance
- Week 4: Replication
- Week 5: Replication, Part 2
- Week 6: Scalability
- Week 7: Backup and Recovery
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Each week we release new video lectures and homework assignments.
- Each week requires approximately 3-5 hours of your time, depending on your level of preparation.
- Your final grade for the course will be comprised of weekly assignments which count for half of your grade and a final exam/project which counts for the other half of your grade.
- You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course if you achieve a 65% or above on graded material.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687