The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Service Provider Operations (CCIE SP Operations) certification assesses and validates core IP NGN service provider operations expertise. Candidates who pass the CCIE SP Operations certification exams demonstrate the skills required of an expert-level operations engineer (tier III or tier IV support) to troubleshoot and maintain complex (PE-PE and PE-CE) IP NGN core network infrastructures in both IOS and IOS XR operating environments. In addition, they demonstrate broad theoretical knowledge of operations management processes a and network management systems, and can apply relevant aspects of the ITIL v3 framework for service operations and transitions, and to a lesser extent, service design and service improvements.
Module 1 Introduction to the Service Provider NGN and the Operations Environment.
- 1.Cisco IP NGN Architecture Service and Component Functions
- 2.The Network Operations Environment
- 3.Identify Current Opeational Frameworks
- 4.Network Operations Processes and Their Metrics.
Module 2 NMS Tools and Protocols.
- 1.Identify the Various NMS Tools and Their Purpose
- 2.Data Collection and Protocols Used to Monitor Network Systems
- 3.Navigating IBM Tivoli Netcool-Operations and Functions.
Module 3 Incident Management.
- 1.Elements Functions Metrics and Process Flow for Incident Management
- 2.Remedy Ticketing System Features and Functions.
Module 4 Fault Management.
- 1.Systematic Troubleshooting Methodologies
- 2.Common NGN Support Services
- 3.Cisco IOS xr Device Operations and Configuration.
Module 5 Configuration Management.
- 1.Configuration Management Process Functions and Tasks
- 2.NMS Support of Configuration Management
- 3.Interpret and Run Files for Common Scripting Tools
- 4.UNIX Cron Job Functions and Flie Syntax.
Module 6 Change Management.
- 1.Elements Functions Metrics and Process Flow for Change Management
- 2.Navigation of Cisco Works Network Compliance Manager.
Module 7 Performance Management.
- 1.Elements Functions Metrics and Process Flow Performance Management
- 2.Fundamentals of Service Level Management.
Duration 40 Hours
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE certification. Other professional certifications or training courses are not required. Instead, candidates must first pass a written qualification exam and then the corresponding hands-on lab exam. You are expected to have an in-depth understanding of the topics in the exam blueprints and strongly encouraged to have three to five years of job experience before attempting certification.
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687