This Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2 training takes the database administrator beyond the basic tasks covered in the first workshop. You'll begin by gaining a deep understanding of the most important responsibilities a DBA has: performing backup and recovery.
- Diagnose and repair data failures with Flashback technology.
- Manage space to optimize database storage so you can respond to growing space requirements.
- Monitor and manage major database components, including memory, performance and resources.
- Secure the availability of your database through appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
- Automate DBA tasks with the Scheduler.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling smooth and rapid consolidation within your Datacenter.
Backup & Recovery
The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps required to execute it in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. You'll learn how to define and test your own backup and recovery scenarios.
Manage Memory Effectively
You'll also learn how to manage memory effectively, as well as how to perform some performance evaluation and tuning tasks. Instructors will review all types of flashback technologies, scheduling jobs inside and outside of the database and controlling system resource usage.
This course counts towards the Hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification. Only instructor-led in class or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement. Self Study and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement.
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Database Architecture and Recovery Operations
- Oracle Database Architecture
- Backup and Recovery Operations
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: The RMAN Catalog and Creating Backups
- The RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Creating Backups with RMAN
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Performing Restore and Recovery Tasks
- Restore and Recovery Tasks
- Performing User-Managed Backup and Recovery
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Using, Monitoring and Tuning RMAN
- Using RMAN to Perform Recovery
- Monitoring and Tuning RMAN
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Database Diagnostics and Flashback Technologies
- Diagnosing the Oracle Database
- Flashback Technologies
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Memory and Performance
- Managing Memory
- Managing Database Performance
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Resources and the Scheduler
- Managing Resources
- Task Automation and Administration
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Space and Duplication
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Managing Database Space and Duplication
- Duplicate Databases
Duration : 40 Hours
- Oracle Database 11g Database Administration
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Release 2
- Working knowledge of SQL and how to use PL/SQL packages
- 91-95007 10004
- 91-95432 18687